Thursday, November 24, 2005

我不要。。

Dunno since when Wien like to say " 我不要"(I dun want), whenver we asked her do something. Even during meal time, she also would say like this : I dun want this vege, I dun want fish etc etc...make us angry sometimes! Daddy want her stop talking like that, so he will talk like her too if she request him to do something. Such as... Wien : 爸爸,我要玩电脑。(Papa, I want to play computer) Daddy : 我不要。(I dun want) Wien : 爸爸,我要去”咚将”家。(Papa, I want to go lion dance house) Daddy : 我不要。(I dun want) Wien : 爸爸,我要去Jusco. Daddy : 我不要。(I dun want) Whenever daddy reply her I DUN WANT, she will come to me and beg me to bring her to those places. If I also reject her, then she either will cry or manja manja with daddy, hopefully daddy will kesian her. But daddy insist his I DUN WANT. He follow Wien tone as well when he say that. Even though daddy has been few times talked to her like that, yet she still no change. Last Sunday, as usual, she attend the Sunday School. When come to games session, she refuse to join them, no matter how other kids had came and pursuade her. She just stand aside and see them play. Later the teacher asked all the kids to sit in group, as she want to tell story. But Wien said she dun want to sit with them, she sit quite a distance from them. Daddy was there with her, he go near to her and get her to join them, but she just refuse to do so. Daddy feel no point she was there if she behave like that, so ask her to go home even though the class not end yet. While driving back to home, Wien told daddy that she want to see goats, daddy said I DUN WANT. Daddy want to give her a lesson, he told her that he dun want to go home, want to go some where else. But Wien said she want to go home liao, dun want "kai kai" with daddy. Daddy just ignore her, he drove to pump petrol. Opps, Shell too many cars, so he drove to Petronas. Wien keep telling daddy that she wanna go home, daddy said I DUN WANT. Then Wien start crying liao. Daddy still ignore her, keep on driving around the town. She cry louder and louder. Until she tell daddy that: 爸爸,我以后不敢了。(Papa, I will not do it again!). Daddy ask her are you sure you will not say I DUN WANT anymore? Then she promised, then only he drove her back! Since that incident, she seldom say the 3 words. If she say again, then daddy or mummy will say the same thing to her if she has any request from us! Daddy advise mummy dun always fulfill kids' need and dun everytime listen to them. If everytime satisfy their needs then one day if they cannot get what they want, they will threw tantrum to you easily. Maybe he is true la, but mummy very "heart soft"(心软)wan le...

6 comments:

Annie said...

Must try Daddy's method one day...
But but, sometimes really kesian when see them cry...

Sue said...

maybe she didn't quite catch what you two were trying to get at, always saying i dun want to her...

but if me, even know these lessons are good if my son is notti, also sum yuen lerr... it's great both of you are able to do it lerr...

jazzmint said...

whoa...good tactics...must tell hubby first so that we can learn :). Agree with you sometimes kids just climb on us when they feel we are soft hearted. Nowadays Faythe also learns to scream for things if we don't give her. So far I just divert her attention, hopefully I don't have to take out the ROTAN!!!

mom2ashley said...

at this age have to discipline them already huh? I'm also soft-hearted..dunno how I'd fare when the time comes when we have to discipline AShley...

Egghead said...

my son use the 不要 at least 50 times a day! shouldn't have taught him that word!!

ZMM said...

Daddy can be a guru in disciplining children.. good method.