Monday, November 12, 2007

Red Panda

One of my ex-house mate forwarded me some of the pictures of most weirdest animal in the world. If they see this red panda picture, I am sure they will ask: eee...why panda is not white color de? Hehehe....

In fact, my kids love to see animals and I know they want to touch them too if they ever see any animals or insect crawling in the house. If they gonna touch them, then I will be the first one scream to them: WEI! STOP IT! DON'T TOUCH!

Below is the description I got from the mail.

The Red Panda, Ailurus fulgens ("shining cat," from a Latinized form of the Greek, ailouros, "cat," and the participial form of the Latin fulgere, "to shine") is a mostly herbivorous mammal, slightly larger than a domestic cat (55 cm long). The Red Panda has semi-retractile claws and, like the Giant Panda, has a "false thumb" which is really an extension of the wrist bone. Thick fur on the soles of the feet offers protection from cold and hides scent glands. The Red Panda is native to the Himalayas in Nepal and southern China . The word panda is derived from Nepalese word "ponya" which means bamboo and plants eating animals in Nepal .

0 comments: