Sunday, July 22, 2007

My diesel engines experience

Continuous rising oil price has rise up my concern since 8 years ago. I worry the petrol bill I’m paying will end up to a level that beyond my affordability. Since then, I was actively looking for a better solution to prevent my pocket being burnt by the petrol bill.

There are two alternative solution developed by Japanese and European car maker. Japanese car makers are very focus on low capacity petrol engine and hybrid engine technologies whereas car makers in Europe concentrate in diesel engine technologies development.

After assessing the pro and corn of both engine technologies, I decided to get my next car with diesel engine mainly because of it maturity of the technology and reliability. Finally, I got myself a used Ford Ranger with 2.5L diesel engine. Diesel engine isn’t popular at my area, after I owning the car, only I realize I have problem to look for a reliable mechanic to perform the maintenance work for me.

Because of that, I have to perform the maintenance work personally. I don’t know much about diesel engines the beginning, but I manage to acquire the knowledge from the web site that specializes for diesel engine lover.

Diesel Power Mag ( http://www.dieselpowermag.com ) is the site that I like to visit. It is a good site that provides up to date diesel engine technologies development as well as a meeting place for worldwide diesel engine lovers to exchange their diesel experience.

If you are the owner of a diesel powered vehicle and you have any exciting ride for the past, you may try this link http://rideofthemonth.dieselpowermag.com/ to sign up for the Ride of the Month monthly photo contest organized by Diesel Power Mag. The excited part is you could win a t-shirt from dieselpowermag.com and your entry could be featured in an article about your ride.

Hurry up, submit your contest entry and photos about your outstanding ride, perhaps you could be the winner for the contest. The contest runs from 9:00 a.m. PST 7/01/2007 till 17:00 p.m. PST 7/22/2007. Alternatively you could do online voting from 17:30 p.m. PST 7/22/2007 till 17:00 p.m. PST 7/31/2007 to vote for your favorite photos!

0 comments: