Monday, May 14, 2007

Tag - The meaning of my kids' name

Msau tagged me an easy tag today, very simple to me, coz I ever blog about it sometimes ago.

My girls’ name ware named by hubby after his business trip to Vienna, Germany & France. Wien is the city of Vienna, Lyon is city name for France. Hubby like this 2 places very much as he found they are so nice and beautiful, and at that time, I was pregnant with the girls (year 2002 & 2004 respectively ), so he want to use it as their name. Although I strongly disagree at first, but he said he want to give them a meaningful name instead of those common name, on top of that they'll know where are those places. So I give in. Then he teased me: Do you know your name's meaning? Yes, I never know my name meaning..just simply taruh *sigh*

I ever told hubby what if people laugh at them for having such funny uncommon name? He said never mind, as long as the girls and we know the meaning will do. Dun bother other's thinking or commet! But most of the time I have to do the explaination to my local friends (yes, Malaysian only), as they never heard of it before. I have no problem with oversea friends though. They even praise us for being so thoughtful, name after the beautiful city name.

Between 2002-2004, hubby did lot of travelling to Europe, and he love Europe since then. Lucky at that time he never travel to China or Indonesia, else my girls will have more funny name then! hahaha....

***********************

为什麽我们的女儿会类似男儿名呢?原因无他。。。。皆因他们的老爸希望他的子女拥有有意义的名字!他又不喜欢阿连阿花普通的名字, 说没创意也没意义; 所以我取得名字全都打进冷宫。。。好,既然我取得名字不好听,那这任务就交给他啰!让他伤脑筋吧!

他想了好久好久,接近预产期了还没决定大女儿的名字。结果有一个晚上, 在床上他说:"我希望我的女儿将来会是个懂得冷的思考, 在冷的情况下善用她的思。" 然后他就叫我从中找出适合的字眼。糟啦,还不是把烦恼滚回来给我!!哼!

后来我只能找出,觉得这两个字满适合。虽然这字有点中性,但他的老爸喜欢,就这样拼出大女儿的名字啦!
至于小女儿为什麽取成呢?也是她老爸取得! 原因是:希望将来的她也像姐姐一样,懂得冷的思考,在冷的情况下善用她的思维, 做个出的女强人!
我曾经反对这个字,太男性化了, 但若我取代洁或婕,那就失去它的意义了!

Now I wish to know about your kids' name meaning, care to share with me?

Mybabybay - Michelle ( easy tag, can do hor?)

Hui Sia - tag lover, LOL!

Shannon Chong - my first tag to you!

Sabrina - welcome you become posties! Join the fun to get more links!

Immomsdaughter - seldom tag u hor!

********************************

Instructions :

**Start Copy**

Proposition: What is the meaning of your kid’s name?

Requirements: write about what or how or why you giving the name to your kids.

Quantity: FIVE PEOPLE.

Tag Mode:

1st - You leave their blog and post link and add to the list below.

2nd - Let the blogger you want to tag know they been tagged by comment in their blog or etc.

Msaufong - Meaning Of SQ & Kiki’s name

Jesslyn - Wien & Lyon's name origin.