Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Cure for coughing

I learnt another cure for coughing.

To stop night time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put vicks Vaporub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime then cover with socks. Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief.

Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strongprescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly.

Alternatively you can apply RU YEE old too, it work the same way! I tried both ways and it work for my girls.

4 comments:

karenyiau said...

Heard that we should avoid honey & banana as well when coughing.

Anonymous said...

Warming the chest helps. I do apply Vicks on the chest area before they go to bed. Not the feet. Socks??!!, they prolly pull out.

Jess said...

karenyiau,
I heard that too! but wonder how accurate it is.

michelle,
my girls refuse rub on chest cos they said HOT. Apply @ feet work for them.

snoopy said...

That is new to me. I will try this out. Thanks.